done4

A good Minestrone Soup can compete with ANY full dinner!  With all the elements of your basic nutritional chart, this soup has it all and the flavor to back upwards that first judgement to kick.  There is a local eating house I take grown up with that leads more than a few cooks in my area to strive to perfect Minestrone soup… I accept to say, this does it for me… and there is one hole-and-corner ingredient I don't think it could practice without!

Venus Di Milo is the restaurant my parents held their wedding reception.  It'due south where my Dad had one of his very outset jobs equally a bus male child.  And it is where countless nuptials, 1st communion and altogether celebrations have been held over fourth dimension.  They have a very skillful reputation for having the best Minestrone Soup anywhere.  People club it to go by the bucket full!  It'southward gotten to the point that people effectually here don't even refer to it as Minestrone anymore, but rather, Venus Di Milo Soup. This of grade started my journey in figuring out just how they do it.  And this recipe comes pretty darn close!

Let me show you how I do it!

Chop some onions.

Chop up some carrots.

Dice upwards some celery

Add in the ground beef and brown.

Once the beef is all browned, drain any accumulated fatty.

coarsely chop some garlic.

Fill the pot about 3/four with water. I volition give you a measurement in the recipe, simply really what I do is go by the size of my pot… If I want more soup, I utilise a large pot, if I want less, I use a smaller pot… I might add in some extra veggies if I am using a super large pot, but the bones recipe stays the same requite or take a quart of water.

Stir and bring to a eddy over high oestrus.

I use one large can of whole plum tomatoes… You tin can utilise two cans of diced or sauce… but I like the way the whole tomatoes pause down throughout the cooking process… and I assistance them along a scrap too.

This is what the tomato plant looks like in all that sauce… throughout the cooking I go after them with my wooden spoon to help them break down a bit.

My cloak-and-dagger ingredient is beefiness base. You lot tin can utilise a stock or a bullion, just there is something near beef base in this particular soup that I actually similar.

This is what the beefiness base looks like, it'south thick and very full-bodied.

In my tomato plant can, I pour some hot h2o in my tomato tin can.

It will await like this when it's all melted together.

So add into the soup.

Rinse a tin of kidney beans.

I apply virtually a palm full of Italian seasoning.

This time of yr it is difficult to get some good fresh summertime veggies… so I prefer frozen over canned… Frozen is flash frozen at the peak of freshness whereas canned just get mushy. I apply these three in my Minestrone, corn, peas and Italian green beans (if I can find them, if not regular green beans are fine)

Stir and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes or so.  Then add together in your pasta… Normally, I use an orzo pasta, but I was out… so, I substituted with another small pasta, dilatini and it worked out great… as long every bit you lot keep the by small-scale yous are good to go! Cook pasta for another xx-25 minutes or so and serve.

done3

Minestrone Soup

Ingredients:

ane medium onion, chopped

2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped

ii medium ribs of celery, chopped

1 ane/iv lbs. basis beefiness

one large 16 oz. tin whole tomatoes in sauce

i 12 oz tin scarlet kidney beans

1 cup frozen peas

1 cup frozen corn

one cup frozen Italian green  beans

2 garlic cloves, diced

1 Tbs. Italian seasoning

1 heaping Tbs. beef base melted into ane/ii cup hot water

one/two lb. Dilatini or Orzo pasta

12 -16 cups water

common salt and pepper to taste

parmesan or mozzarella cheese for topping

Directions:

In a large pot over medium rut, sautée onions, carrots and celery until tender.  Add in ground beef and brown. Bleed fat and add together in h2o (fill up pot to 3/4 full with water).  Add together in tomatoes.

In the lycopersicon esculentum tin can, add 1/2 cup hot tap water.  To that add together in beef base of operations and stir until combined.  Add mixture into the soup.

Bring to a boil over high rut.  Reduce heat to a simmer and add remaining ingredients saving the pasta for later.  Simmer for thirty minutes.

Taste for salt and pepper.  Add in pasta.  Cook for an additional 20-25 minutes until pasta is well cooked.  If soup is also thick merely add in some water and taste for common salt and pepper again.

Serve… Enjoy!